Youth and community garden programs across the U.S. can benefit from the Burpee Home Gardens “I Can Grow” Youth Garden Award. Now in its third year, the award sponsors and supports urban school and community gardens through garden installations and donations.
In 2012, two grand-prize winners will be awarded a spring garden installation and kick-off gardening event.
The Youth Garden Award grand-prize includes:
- Up to 500 vegetable and herb plants* including the BOOST collection
- $2,500 for program supplies
- On-site assistance for initial garden layout and installation
- Installation-day event and publicity coordination
- Five gallons of Daniels® Plant Food (a sustainable fertilizer)
- Flip® video camera to document garden progress
* Quantity of plants is dependent upon size of garden and need
In addition, three runners up will receive 500 vegetable and herb plants, including the Burpee BOOST collection; five gallons of Daniels Plant Food; and a Flip video camera.
Who should apply?
- Schools and youth educators
- Community centers or organizations
- Youth groups
Applications are being accepted now! All entries must be postmarked by Friday, Dec. 23, 2011.