|April 4, 2012 – San Diego, Sherman Heights Community Center, 2258 Island Avenue, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm|
|April 5, 2012 – Los Angeles, The California Endowment, 1000 North Alameda Street, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm|
|April 11, 2012 – Fresno, UC Center, 550 East Shaw Avenue, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm|
|April 19, 2012 – Oakland, The California Endowment, 1111 Broadway, 7th Floor, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm|
ABOUT THE CONVENING
With diabetes rates on the rise, and over half of adults and teens in the state either overweight or obese, increasing the availability of healthy foods can greatly improve the health of our communities. CPEHN’s spring convening series, An Appetite for Equity: Ensuring Access to Healthy Foods, will focus on best practices and advocacy strategies to increase access to healthy foods in our schools, workplaces, and neighborhoods.
The convening will provide participants with:
- Policy solutions to increase access to healthy foods in communities of color
- Examples of promising practices for improving access in local communities
- Opportunities to take action and mobilize on federal, state, and local efforts to advance healthy food policy
In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, CPEHN will not be providing any handouts at the event, including PowerPoint presentations. Handouts will be available on this page a few days before the convening. A participant list will be emailed after the event.
Cost: $25 for the General Public/$10 for CPEHN Network Members.
If you have already joined CPEHN’s Network, REGISTER at a REDUCED RATE of $10.
Scholarships for the registration fee are available. Please fill out the Fee Waiver Form and fax it to (510) 832-1175, and we will get back to you in 2-3 business days.
A special thanks to our local co-hosts:
1 in 10 Coalition
Asian and Pacific Islander Obesity Prevention Alliance
California Food & Justice Coalition
- California Food Policy Advocates
- Central California Regional Obesity Prevention Program
- Community Health Councils
- HOPE Collaborative
- Oakland Food Policy Council
These convenings are co-sponsored by our ethnic partners:
Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
- California Black Health Network
- California Rural Indian Health Board
- Latino Coalition for a Healthy California
A special thanks to our funders, who help make our events possible:
- California HealthCare Foundation
The California Endowment
The California Wellness Foundation
The San Francisco Foundation
Please contact Ruben Cantu if you have any specific needs, such as food, interpreter services, and/or accessibility at (510) 832-1160 x301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHERE and WHEN
April 4, 2012 – San Diego, Sherman Heights Community Center, 2258 Island Avenue, 10:00 to 2:30 pm
- April 5, 2012 – Los Angeles, The California Endowment, Center for Healthy Communities, 1000 North Alameda Street, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm
- April 11, 2012 – Fresno, UC Center, 550 East Shaw Avenue, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm
- April 19, 2012 – Oakland, The California Endowment, 1111 Broadway, 7th Floor, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm
Registrations must be received three (3) days prior to the event.