Alliance for Justice’s attorneys will be available by appointment for 30-minute sessions of free in-person technical assistance to answer your questions about nonprofit rules and regulations.
Technical Assistance Office Hours
1pm – 4pm in Los Angeles on Monday, June 18th
Los Angeles, CA
(The California Endowment Offices)
Monday, June 18th
1pm – 4pm
To make a 30-minute appointment for free in-person technical assistance please e-mail Daren Garshelis at email@example.com. Please indicate the time that you would like to reserve and some general information about the questions you have.
AFJ’s technical assistance office hours are an opportunity for you to ask questions about federal tax and election law rules, as well as California disclosure rules governing nonprofit advocacy.
Our attorney/trainers can help you understand issues including:
- The difference between the definitions of lobbying under federal tax law and California’s lobbying and ballot measure disclosure laws
- Creating a recordkeeping system for tracking (c)(3) lobbying expenditures
- How (c)(3)s and (c)(4)s can work together to maximize the impact of advocacy
- How to determine if your organization needs to file lobby disclosure reports under California lobbying laws
- Assistance with filing ballot measure campaign reports under California law
Alliance for Justice’s West Coast Office is conveniently located in downtown Oakland, between the 12th Street and 19th Street BART stations. The office is easily accessible from San Francisco and other Bay Area communities.
Technical assistance sessions do not create an attorney-client relationship. The information exchanged is not a substitute for expert legal, tax or other professional advice tailored to your specific circumstances, and may not be relied upon for the purposes of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code.
Alliance for Justice West Coast Office
1611 Telegraph Avenue, Suite 1006
Oakland, CA 94612